Frequently Asked Questions
What is BgInTouch?
BGInTouch is an online panel and its members have the real opportunity to voice their opinion and through completing variety of surveys to influence products and services before they are being launched on the market. Panel members can also help companies improve their products and services. The surveys could be commissioned by media outlets, research agencies, public institutions or the marketing departments of companies – and depending on the questionnaire, would apply either to the general population or only to a specific target group.
How does membership in the BgInTouch Panel work?
Here are some key facts about panel membership:
- Registering for membership is free and will take a few minutes. To become a member of our Panel, please fill in the registration form.
- You must register in the country of your main residence at the time. If you move countries, you can notify us to move your account.
- If you no longer wish to be a member, you can at any point delete your account – although then you’d be also forfeiting any points you have collected.
- Member data is strictly confidential and kept in a secure, password protected database. We never make available or otherwise pass on your personal or contact details to third parties.
- Your answers to any survey are always anonymized – we only connect it to demographic data for research purposes.
- If you have no time or do not wish to take part in a survey, you just ignore the invitation – participation is always optional.
- Points collected for answering surveys have a set monetary value and can be cashed only after certain threshold is met, i.e. from a certain points total and upwards.
Why do you need so many details about me?
Depending on the requirements of a questionnaire and the specifications of the commissioning client, we need a specific target group for each survey. Questions about yourself and your lifestyle are often asked when you login to your account as well as at the start of a survey. To help us find you the most relevant surveys possible, greatly increasing your chance to complete surveys, it is important that you answer these as accurately as possible.
Some surveys need only men or only women, or people who live in a particular region or are in a particular age range - so the more details we have about your demographic profile, the more likely you are to be invited to surveys that are relevant to you, and collect more points!
To ensure that you will participate in a survey that is relevant for you, please update regularly your profile and make sure you have completed all profile surveys.
Updating Your Panel Account
I have forgotten my password
- If you have forgotten your password please use the "Forgot Password?" link on the panel login page. You will be prompted to enter your email address and then click "Reset Password". An email will be sent to your email address.
- If the email does not arrive, please check your spam/junk folder. Many spam filters will put legitimate emails in the spam filter.
- Please wait a few minutes as emails will take a few minutes to reach you.
How do I change my password?
- Login to your account
- Click on "Your Profile"
- Click on "Settings"
- Select "Change Password"
- Enter your current password
- Choose a new password
- Reenter the new password
- Click "Update"
You will then see a confirmation message "Your password has been changed".
How do I close my account?
- Login to your account
- Click "Your Profile"
- Click "Settings"
- Select "Close Account"
- Enter your password and click "Close Account”
- Click the “Unsubscribe” link in the survey invite
f you cannot find the unsubscribe link, please contact your panel for account queries (the email address is located in the survey invite: firstname.lastname@example.org).
How are points being collected?
Completing surveys for which you have received an invitation by us (the number of points you will receive depends on the duration of the survey).
How long does it take to add the points in my account?
Typically, the points are added to your balance shortly after you complete each survey. On rare occasions, this may take a little longer, sometimes up to 24 hours after completing the survey.
How can I view my rewards?
- Login to your account
- Click the "Redeem Rewards" link
You will be able to see your balance and if you have reached the threshold of 300 points = 57 BGN, you will have to click the “Payment” button to indicate that you want to make a cash out.
How can I claim my rewards?
When panelists collect at least 300 points, they are entitled to exchange them for their cash equivalent - BGN 57. Our support team (email@example.com) will contact you via email to clarify how you want to receive your payment: through payment in our office, a bank transfer or vouchers at a specified address. This can happen only after we have received from you the necessary information, which will allow us to prepare the necessary documents.
What does "Quota Full" mean?
- If you receive “quota full” the survey is normally already full of respondents within the same target range.
- This can either be before the start of a survey, which is normally indicated as closed, or sometimes in the early part of a survey where certain criteria within the survey becomes filled (for example, within a certain age bracket).
- This varies at the rate any given survey is responded to and the overall amount of responses needed by different people to fill a quota. For this reason we encourage participants to answer at their soonest possible opportunity.
- For surveys that you receive a “quota full” message they do not count as completed surveys and no rewards are earned, as the information is not used.
What is a "Screen Out"?
- The surveys you receive are usually looking for the specific opinions of a very set group of people. If we don’t already know this information we will ask a few questions at the start of a survey to make sure that it is relevant to you. If it isn't you may be 'screened out' or get a message that you haven't qualified for the survey on this occasion.
- Rather than consuming your time on answers that cannot be used the survey finishes early (normally within the first few questions).
- This can happen from time to time, even if you have originally been selected to take part, as some surveys require more specific information than the system can initially provide.
How often do I have to participate?
- To remain an active panel member, we recommend that you participate frequently in surveys that are sent to you.
- Participation is voluntary and if you decide not to participate in a survey simply click on the decline link.
What kind of surveys will I be asked to participate in?
- As a panel member you will be invited to surveys which cover a wide range of topics, length and engagement.
- Surveys are automatically sent or displayed in OpinionAPP when your profile matches the requirements of the survey.
Are surveys free?
- our participation in surveys is completely voluntary.
- There is no charge for taking surveys.
- You are free to join and leave anytime you wish and participate only those surveys that you are interested in taking.
Do you share my information with anyone else?
- We do not give, sell, or otherwise transfer your personal information to third parties without your prior consent.
- Only non-identifiable and aggregated information will be shared and any answers you provide to survey questions that we collect will remain entirely confidential.
Why do I get kicked out from some surveys?
You might get kicked out from a survey because:
- You filled out the questionnaire too quickly, without reading the questions precisely.
- Your answers were inconsistent.
- You did not fit to the survey’s target group.
- Your target group quota is already full. Sometimes it can happen that a target group fills quickly, and is then closed. For this reason it is always recommended that you participate in the survey as soon as possible.
- Someone from the same IP address has already taken part in this survey.
How is it possible that someone from the same IP has already taken part in some surveys?
- People who live in the same household or work in the same company, share the same IP.
- Internet/mobile providers change user IPs frequently and someone from the same IP has already participated in the survey.
- You are registered in another panel and have already participated in the survey (the system remembers your IP and prevents you from participating again).
What can I do when I cannot access the survey?
If you have problems viewing the survey, please first try to copy the link from the invitation e-mail and paste it to your usual browser or try a new browser. It’s always helpful to try different browsers if the link doesn’t seem to work.
If it doesn’t work, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org including the specific link you received, so we can trace the issue quickly